The Shared Ride Van Program is designed to offer more specialized accessible van transportation to Schuylkill County residents who are primarily senior citizens aged 65 and over.
All individuals must be registered with STS before receiving transportation services. For registration information please contact us or call the Office of Senior Services at (570) 622-3103.
The Pennsylvania Lottery Program subsidizes 85% of the cost for this program for passengers 65 years of age and older.
Registered senior citizens who qualify under Schuylkill County’s Office of Senior Services can travel to the following destinations for a discounted fare of $1.00 each way.
- Doctors Office Appointments
- Physical Therapy Appointments
- Local Pharmacies
- Outpatient Hospital Appointments
- One Day Surgical Appointments
Social Service Agencies or Government Offices
- Office of Senior Services
- Schuylkill County Courthouse
- Department of Public Assistance
- Local Post Offices
- Local Bank
Local Grocery Shopping
Weekly grocery shopping trips are established in each area of the county on specific days of the week. Contact STS for the day, time and store in your area.
Senior Resource Centers
Daily, routine trips are set up to take seniors to the local centers. Contact STS for details and times.
Adult Day Care Centers
- Evergreen Adult Day Center, Pine Grove
- UCP Adult Day Care, Pottsville
- Evergreen Adult Day Center, Mahanoy City
- St. Francis Adult Day Care, Orwigsburg
- Tamaqua Adult Day Care, Tamaqua
- Guardian Angel, Ashland
Additional Destinations / Fares
Additional Pennsylvania Lottery subsidized Shared Ride van trips are available for any senior citizen to the following destinations. Fares are dependent on variables such as purpose and distance traveled. Call our customer service department for details.
|Senior Citizens Centers||Visiting Relatives and Friends||Shopping Trips||Volunteer Programs||Other Destinations|
|• Weekly/Monthly Meetings
• Parties/Special Occasions
|• At Home
• At Hospitals
• At Nursing Homes
|• Schuylkill County Malls
• Downtown Areas
• Farmer’s Markets
• Out of Town Grocery Stores
|• At Hospitals
• At Nursing Homes
• Charity Events
• Hairdresser/barber Shops
• Church Services