Review Our Passenger Policy
STS Policy-Click here to download a copy
Schuylkill Transportation System Passenger Policy
- NO eating, drinking, smoking or vaping is permitted on the buses.
- AISLE MUST REMAIN CLEAR AT ALL TIMES FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL PASSENGERS. You are only permitted to take on the bus, anything you can fit in your seat – for example, three standard size shopping bags. Strollers must be limited to umbrella type and all carts/walkers must be small in size and collapsible. Walkers MUST have small wheels. All items allowed on bus will be determined at the drivers discretion and must be controlled by the passenger at all times.
- Fares must be paid when boarding the bus, not departing the bus.
- Senior citizens MUST SHOW their PA Senior Citizen I.D. card when boarding the bus.
- Please have all passes/tickets and correct fare ready when boarding the bus or you will be asked to step aside.
- NO loitering or soliciting is permitted on the buses. You cannot ride on the bus more than one trip around without paying another fare.
- Please refrain from loud conversation and talking to the bus driver while the bus is in motion. Only low tone conversations are allowed as so not to disturb other passengers or the driver. Radios and cell phones may be used with headphones and only at a low volume.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- NO sleeping is allowed on the buses. Remain seated until the bus is at a complete stop and doors are opened
- You can NEVER change seats, once the bus is in motion.
- Anyone who intentionally assaults a transit operator or destroys transit property will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Boisterous conduct is strictly prohibited. Disturbances or harassment of other passengers or the driver is also strictly prohibited. Fighting, throwing items, pushing, shouting behavior or vulgar language is all forbidden. Transportation can ultimately be denied or service can be suspended to all passengers who act inappropriately.
- Any vandalism or graffiti to seats and other portions of the bus is subject to a fine and/or prosecution.
- Firearms, weapons, fireworks, chemicals or hazardous materials of any type is not allowed on the bus.
- NO roller-skates or roller blades may be worn on the buses.
- Keep service animals under control. This means that your animal must be properly leashed and/or harnessed and under control of their handlers at all times. You are responsible for any damages or soiling by your animal. An animal may be prohibited from boarding an STS vehicle if it causes a particular threat to the driver or other passengers. Service animals are not permitted on vehicle seats. (Updated 10/1/18)
- Children MUST be accompanied and controlled by a parent or fare paying guardian, while riding on STS vehicles. Parents or fare paying guardians are responsible for the child/children’s conduct and safety. This includes, but is not limited to keeping the child/children seated and when equipped, secured with a seat belt. The child/children MUST not be allowed to be up and walking in the aisles or permitted to stand on the seats. A maximum of three (3) children are permitted when accompanied by an adult. (Updated 10/1/18)
- Pull the cord or push button for your bus stop.
- Remember to take your belongings with you, STS is not responsible for articles left on the bus.